2022 Character Creation Challenge, Day 26, Stormbringer

 Stormbringer has to be my favourite RPG, well at least of all those I have either read or played, there are many games out there I know little to nothing about.

I have the GW third edition, (from 1987 if memory serves me), the old book is really well thumbed and sadly the glue holding the pages to the spine has given up the task of keeping the whole thing together and many of the pages have now come away from the cover.



I guess my love affair with the game came about because my first exposure to the genre was way back in the 70's, WH Smiths in Keswick (Cumbria, UK) or maybe it was Woolworths, memory is foggy on the actual shop, it doesn't really matter, I do recall that first book of Moorcock I purchased, Corum, the Knight of the Swords, it felt like the first grown up novel I had bought and read, to this day it has stuck with me as the book that got me into the whole swords & sorcery thing, the whole RPG hobby and a life long affair with gaming.

So tonight I am opening the pages once again of that old, well read, well thumbed hardback book, Stormbringer, to give you Raliana.

NAME : Raliana    SEX : Female    AGE 25    
NATIONALITY : Eshmir    CLASS :  Priest/Sorcerer    CULT : Mabelrode

STR : 11
CON : 14
SIZ  :  7
INT  :  16
POW  :  18
DEX  :  9
CHA  : 13

HITS : 12        MAJOR WOUND LEVEL :  6
ARMOUR :  NON
WEAPOND  : Bonuses +10% attack, +6% Parry
                    Broadsword 47% attack, 1d8+1 damage, 43% parry
                    Dagger    40% attack,  1d4 +2 damage,  46% parry

MONEY 252large bronze

AGILITY : bonus 4%

Climb :  14%
Dodge : 4%
Jump : 14%
Ride : 16%
Swim : 4 %
Tumble  4%

COMMUNICATION  :  bonus +11 %

Credit : 36%
Orate :  33%
Persuade : 36%
Sing : 11%

KNOWLADGE  :  bonus +8%

Craft (gems) : 8%
Eval Treasure : 8%
First Aid :  48%
Map Make :  8%
Memorize  :  8%
Navigate   :  8%
Plant Lore  :  48%


READ/WRITE/SPEAK
Common : 88%/88%
High Melnib  :  68%/68%
Low Melnib  :  48%/$8%

MANIPULATION  :  bonus 10%

Juggle  :  10%
Pick Lock    :  10%
Set Trap  :  10%
Tie Knot  :  10%

PERCEPTION :  bonus 10%

Balance :  20%
Listen   :  27%
Scent  :  10%
Search  :  28%
See  :  20%
Taste  :  10%
Track  :  10%

SREALTH  :  bonus 2%

Ambush  :  2%
Conceal  :  2%
Cut Purse  :  2%
Hide  :  12%
Move Quietly  :  46%


And that Raliana for you.  Will she ever get to the table top, probably not, I use Through Sunken Lands RPG for my Michael Moorcock gaming fix these days, mostly because the old Stormbringer book is in such bad shape, but I guess you should never say never,

Adventure on 

2022 Character Creation Challenge, Day 26, Stormbringer 2022 Character Creation Challenge, Day 26, Stormbringer Reviewed by Wild Duck Models on January 26, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.