Frostgrave Illusionist & Apprentice - as Ellmorian nobles or traders from the South

Many of the Frostgrave figures from Northstar work well withing the EotSR world, not necessarily as the Frostgrave role they were perhaps intended for though, but they are well designed figures, always good to paint and typical of the medieval/fantasy genre so very suited to my fantasy setting.

Empire of the Scarlet Robe Ellmorian Nobles

I picked up a couple of sets recently including these two figures, the Illusionist and Apprentice.  These figures will be useful not only in their intended role as illusionists but also as merchants or similar.. 

Merchant or trader from the south lands of Illmoria

I painted them as per the picture on the card supplied with the figures, a little lazy of me really but it saved me having to think of a new colour scheme.  In their fine green and gold I see these two as being from fairly wealthy backgrounds, suitable for a role as Nobles  or perhaps traders from one of the southern lands.

rear view of the Illusionist


I based them on 25mm round plastic bases, I will be using that size for all my 28mm skirmish foot figures, and added a bit of greenery and soil.

I am tempted to glue a weapon in their outstretched hand just to give them a little more purpose, sword perhaps or a dagger, but it is only a temptation and maybe not necessary, I will wait until there is a game lined up for them to decide on that one.

great 28mm miniatures from the Frostgrave range

   Whatever decision I finally make regarding weapons and roles, this is another set of great figures from the Frostgrave range and will make a very useful addition to my Empire of the Scarlet Robe collection.  


Frostgrave Illusionist & Apprentice - as Ellmorian nobles or traders from the South Frostgrave Illusionist & Apprentice - as Ellmorian nobles or traders from the South Reviewed by Wild Duck Models on August 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.