Low Fantasy Gaming -Temptress of the Haunted Path (Part 10)

 

Woodbury, created using NightCafe AI 


Solo Toolbox used  

Low Fantasy Gaming Delux Edition and various supplements
UNE, the Universal Character Generator
Oldskull Adventure Generator

Town and City Builder
Mune GM emulator

Randomlists.com for the odd random verb if I get stuck for ideas. 

The Village of Woodbury.



My characters and the young Komtess, Arna, her maid Bayora and Ulfina her Ward have travelled from Crookedmouth to the village of Woodbury on the edge of the Bridged Lake and just within the Golden Coppices.

So far I have resisted the temptation to detail Woodbury, this quest was only planned as a one shot adventure so there did not seem any reason to put a lot of effort into the village.  On the other hand there are a lot of interesting features on my map that beg further exploration and a brief conversation with good people on twitter having more creative minds than mine resulted in an idea for a second adventure based around Woodbury and the Lough of Doom which I would like to run once this quest is over/  This moved my mind over to Fleshing Woodbury out a little more.

As with Crookedmouth I am using Town and City Builder by James Embry to add basic details to the village.

DISTRICTS.

Woodbury has three main districts.

The Village Centre

A medium sized building in the centre of the village is used for administrative purposes, a simple peasants court and on market days, a tavern selling ales and ciders, it is also possible to get a bed for a night or two if you are a trader.

There is also both a Pawn Shop and a Healers.  You can get most things from the pawn shop, although it will likely be second hand.

The Market (Rural)

The village holds an outdoor market three times a week, local produce can be sold freely by the villagers and there are goods from Crookedmouth which are also traded.  Occasionally traders from outside the region turn up.

There is also both a Bakery and a Tailors (Low Level), both these shops trade 5 days a week.

Craftsman District (Bower/Fletcher).

Woodbury is renown for its wood and wooden products, in particular the Bower/Fletcher who makes some of the finest bows and crossbows as well as some of the truest arrows in the land.

In addition there are both a carpenter and a cartwright.

The village tavern, The White Arrow, is found here, a common place but lively and friendly.  
Owner : Maliah Greklow 
Staff: 1 barkeep, 1 cook, 2 barmaids, 1 housekeeper
Number of floors: 2
Seating: 4 round tables, 4 chairs each, 5 square tables, 2 chairs each. 8 stools at the bar. Two octagon picnic tables outside (seat 10 each), and four chairs with end tables on the porch.?
Private rooms : one
Sleeping rooms: 6
Drink: ale/cider 1 sp, hard liquor 2 sp
Food: limited menu, two or three choices (normally one fish, one fowl, and/or a seasonal game, with potatoes)
Price Range : meal 3 sp, room 4 gp
Hours : all day

That is enough for now, I can add more characters and character to the village as I go along.

Whats going to happen next.

 I am struggling with my player characters, they don't have a connection to each other and I don't feel they are connecting with each other so I feel it would help me move this game on and help any future game involving these characters if they had a bonding session.

So I am going to run a mini-adventure set around the village of Woodbury, I have yet to play it, I think I will generate a random encounter in the village and see where that takes us.  

A random roll on the encounter tables in Town and City builder gives me a Pick Pocket in the Market District.  I think that is a good starting point and I will type up what happens in the next blog post, 

until then

Adventure On!

Low Fantasy Gaming -Temptress of the Haunted Path (Part 10) Low Fantasy Gaming -Temptress of the Haunted Path (Part 10) Reviewed by Wild Duck Models on August 16, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.