Monday 30 May 2022

The Wasteland Hack Solo - The Oracle


The Oracle.

For my solo games I love the simplicity of the MUNE GM emulator (link), I also love the d20 oracle given in Zathrum 2.2 GM emulator (link), so I decided for my Wasteland Hack adventure I would attempt to combine the two, this is the resulting oracle.

Rules from the MUNE GM emulator are used except I now have a two table oracle based on rolling d8, the intervention table is now also d8, these changes are given here.

 Roll 1d8  and check the table 1

Table 1
1 - No (+1 intervention point)
2 - No (But)
3 - No (roll on Table 2)
4 - No (And)
5 - Yes (And)
6 - Yes (roll on Table 2)
7 - Yes (But)
8 - Yes (+1 intervention point)

Table 2
roll 1 d8 
NoYes
1 - (on the contrary)1- (apparently)
2 - (while)2 - (if)
3 - (surprisingly)3 - (in order to)
4 - (as long as)4 - (unless)
5 - (unless)5 - (as long as)
6 - (in order to)6 - (surprisingly)
7 - (if)7 - (while)
8 - (apparently)8 - (on the contrary)
On a roll of 8 get +1 intervention point



Interventions
Whenever a 8 is rolled on either table gain one intervention point, when you get 4 intervention points roll on the following table and reset intervention points to 0

1 - new entity
2 - entity positive
3 - entity negative
4 - advance scene
5 - regress scene
6 - close scene
7 - wild negative
8 - wild positive

The revised oracle seems to work okay although I have only ran one scene using it and I am still a little unsure if I am overcomplicating things  but I will no doubt get a better understanding of where I am going with this as I -
Adventure On!

No comments:

Post a Comment