Lowlife 2090 - Weasel & Kid Sinister, part 1

 Toolbox

Lowlife 2090 RPG by Pickpocket Press.

My own d8 oracle inspired by MUNE & Zathrum d20

Game icons from game-icons.net

 

  Meeting Shona

 

Weasel opened his eyes, for a moment the room rotated like a spinning top.  He was lying on the clapped out old sofa he laughingly called a bed, beside which where two things that where normally never there, an empty glass bottle and his friend Kid Sinister.


"what was in that bottle Weasel?" Kid S asks his friend, "you have been out of it for 36 hours".


Weasel puts his hands over his eyes and groans, "I dunno, 36 hours?  I just remember the barkeep handing me the bottle and saying it was on the house."


Kid nods "so you just drank it. thats not like you Weasel, you're not usually that trusting or careless.

Look, Shona says she might have a job for us all, wants us to go over to her place as soon as you wake.  We are skint so I said we would".


Weasel slowly gets off his sofa "ok, let me freshen up then, the walk will do me good". 

 

QUESTION - Does anything happen to Weasel and Sinister on their way to Shona's place?

Roll d8 = 1 N0 (+1 Intervention Point = 1 point)

QUESTTION - Is Shone there when they arrive?

Roll d8 = 7 YES (but)

GET RANDOM ICON - Milk Carton




 

Weasel and Kid knock on Shonas apartment door using their secret rap so Shona knows its them.

Shona is right behind the door and swiftly opens it but she is clearly on her way out somewhere.  "For fecks sake, just ring the bell like normal folk, lets go"

Weasel holds up his hands "hey, not so fast, where you taking us and wheres that elf girl"

 

QUESTION - is Rook with Shona? Roll d8 = 3 NO (roll on table 2), Roll d8 = 7 (if)

 

Shona steps past Weasel and takes Kids arm " if you must know, I need a carton of milk. and her name is Rook, as you well know, Spriggan boy, and no she ain't here, so shut up and we will go get her"

Kid looks at Shona with a puzzled expression "Milk?  I thought you was a Vegan?"

Shona lets go of Kids arm and starts to walk at a brisk pace "I drink Oat milk Kid, now lets get going".

 

 Vienna

 

They take the subway to Munroe District.  At the station exit checkpoint are three Security

Guards with Rybak S32 SMGs and a Sony Airscout (Saab Enforcer) .  Metal detector, chem sensor, drug wand. They are performing Standard ID checks.

 

QUESTION - Is the station busy? Roll d8 = NO (and)

QUESTION - Are the guards just allowing people through? Roll d8 = NO (but)

GET RANDOM ICON - Hammer Break.

 



 

The station seems remarkably quiet, no one is entering the station and in the street beyond the exit there is some sort of violent demonstration or riot going on. The guards are allowing no one to leave the station.

 

A small number of rioters enter the station entrance armed with large hammers, crow bars and knives, they start smashing the station entrance up.

 

QUESTION - Do the guards leave their post to deal with the disturbance? Roll d8= 1 NO (+1 intervention point, now at 2)

 

The three guardsmen make no attempt to stop the rioters smashing up the station.  They ready their SMG's as if warning the rioters not to get to close but take no other action.

 

QUESTION - Do the rioters attack the guards? Roll d8 = 1 NO (+1 intervention Point, 3 points, roll on intervention table)

INTERVENTION TABLE - Roll = 1 New Entity.  (back to 0 intervention points)

(I would normally create a random NPC for this result but I have an idea in my head for this new entity and I decided to run with it).

 

Vienna. Image created using Nightcafe Studio



A girl with bright neon hair and glasses standing next to Shona speaks to her, "I gotta get out of here, I know another way out, coming batu?"

 

"Sure", Shona nods towards Weasel and Kid S, "got these two with me, room for them?"

 

"If they must", the girl starts to head down the station platform towards a dimly lit area, Shona follows telling Weasel and Kid S to follow.

 

Weasel elbows Kid S, "Hey Kid, she's kinda cute, want me to fix you up".

 

Kid S growls back "just feck off Weasel".

 

The girl leads them to a door at the end of the platform, "this is the workers' entrance, it will take us to the street but watch for the subway workers. We should by-pass the riots to if we are lucky".

 

QUESTION - Is the door locked? Roll d8 = 1 NO (+1 Intervention point, now at 1 point)

(I am rolling a lot of 1's tonight, even changed my dice but they still land on 1)

 

The girl tries the door, it opens.  "come on and keep quiet, I'll lead the way".

 

QUESTION - does anyone spot them as they make their way out of the Subway? Roll d8 = 8 YES (+1 intervention point, now at 2)

 

UPDATE

At this point in the game I found out that Part Per Million had just published solo rules for Lowlife 2090 called Low 90 Solo, which I would like to try.  I took the decision to post this start to the game on the blog and pick the game up from here using PPM's solo rules rather than start the game over from scratch.

As I type this update I am reading my way through Lo 90 Solo.  Once I am up to speed with it all I will continue the game.  There may be a slight pause in proceedings whilst I familiarise myself with all that is new.

Until then

 

Adventure On!
Lowlife 2090 - Weasel & Kid Sinister, part 1 Lowlife 2090 - Weasel & Kid Sinister, part 1 Reviewed by Wild Duck Models on October 10, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.