Lowlife 2090 - Creating a new character. Shona.

 I picked up Lowlife 2090 pdf by Pickpocket Press a few weeks back and I am thrilled beyond excited about running a solo game with a crew of lifers in Mendoza City.  Time to generate some characters.


               Shona - Created by Nightcafe Studio

 I get a lot of enjoyment seeing the way my characters interact with each other, so I always run games with two or more characters, usually four, more than five and I struggle to keep the game moving along, easy to lose track of who is doing what and combat can become tedious.

 

Creating a bond between the characters in my party of adventures is something I find important. I like each character to have a strong background with each having a connection to the others.   This helps me understand how the characters will interact with each other.  I have played solo adventures where the characters don't initially know each other but it never works for me.

 

A few months back I ran a sort of steampunk apocalyptic game with three characters, Weasel, Kid Sinister and Rook.  I knocked up my own back of a postcard rules and an oracle and off I went.  It just didn't really pan out but I loved the three characters.

 

So Weasel, Kid and Rook plus one other character are going to get a second shot at fame or infamy, this time in Mendoza City.  There is already a strong developed background and bond between them from the previous game and it is effortless to pick them up and drop them into a Lowlife 2090 cyberpunk setting.  The fourth, new, character I will create randomly, that's where I will start now.

 

CHARACTER CREATION.

 

Step 1 - roll 1d6 for Race = 1.  So a human.

I think I can go with a human character.  

Step 2 - roll 1d10 for class = 10. Re-roll (there are only 9 classes in the rule book)

             re-roll = 7, Influencer

I was kinda hoping for a mage but Influencer is fine.

Step 3 - Generate attributes.

One attribute starts at 15, for the remaining 6 attributes I roll 4d6 dropping the

lowest number.

9, 7, 7, 15, 18, 17 plus the 15 above

Four high numbers there balanced out by three mediocre rolls.  I can now distribute

them over the 7 attributes

Strength       : 7 (-1)

Dexterity       : 15 (+2)

Constitution : 7 (-1)

Intelligence  : 9 (-)

Perception   : 17 (+3)

Willpower     : 15 (+2)

Charisma     : 18 (+3)

Initiative        : 12 (-)

Initiative is dexterity + Intelligence / 2, this is Step 4

 

Step 5 - Hit Points = 2+7+1 = 8hp

The low constitution score is a real problem here but I will run with it.

 

Step 6 - Luck =11, re-roll pool = 2 (for being human)

 

Step 7 - Roll for contacts

Influencers start with 5 contacts, I roll 1d12 five times and get-

7 : City Exec catchphrase "what up lobo, you got my cere"

12 : Crime Boss (Jambazi) catchphrase "yeh, but how do I look?"

6 : Fashion Model  catchphrase "you off your meds again"

9 : Entertainer catchphrase "well, I don;t like the sound of that"

11: Peacekeeper Detective  catchphrase "I might have fecking known"

 

I was tempted to swap some of the catchphrases around but decided to keep them

as they are, I mean a Crime Boss with the catchphrase "but how do I look" has

more comic value than a Fashion Model saying it, right?

 

Step 8 - roll for Augmentations  

Influencers start with three.

Chemical Signalling (Edo Laurent Allure) Influencers must have this one, roll d8 to

get the other two

4 = Wifi Port and Skull Drive.

5 = Chemstim Motion Surge

 

Step 9 - bonus languages = 0

 

Step 10 Choose Skills - Leadership & Persuasion plus six more

Athletics, Deception, Detection, Gather Information, Slight of Hand, Stealth

 

Step 11 - Choose class abilities number of talents = charisma modifier so 3

Born Leader

Shrewd Negotiator

Unexpected Aid

 

Step 12 - Add class GEAR pack

 

Light vest, Benelli I5 light pistol (2 x mags NL

ammo), Cell (Toshiba Vector Sys 12), 2 x Fake

IDs, 1 dose of Jink, Knife, and ₵50.

 

Step 13 - Turning Point = All or Nothing

     Address = Foundry Bay
     Living Standard = Low

 

Step 14 & 15 Background & Name

In the original adventure with Weasel & Kid Sinister, they set out looking for their

friend Shona who had run out on them, so I decide to bring her in as well.

 

Name : Shona

Background : Singer at Nero's Nook Bar and Grill.

 

Shona watched her old Pa work 7 to 7 for thirty years and get

nowhere. Then he was eaten by a tentacled horror from beyond the

Veil. Well she ain’t going out that way, batu.

Shona is on the fast track to the Big Score, and the hell out of these

fecking tunnels. She's gonna make it happen - no matter what.

 

Shona is a singer in Nero's Nook, a bar n' grill in Foundry Bay.  She hangs out with

Weasel, Kid and Rook.  Shona knows that without her Weasel and Kid would have

long been pushing up daisy's, Rook with them too.  Nero tolerates Weasel and

Kid because of Shona, he has a soft spot for the girl,

"Man, can you hear that singing, sound like gold"

Nero knows Shona is good and brings in the crowd. When Shona sings Nero wins.

But Shona knows Weasel and Kid have come to the attention of some of the

ganger's round Nero's Nook, and not in a good way.  Shona knows its time to get

            get the hell out and soon. 

If you would like to use Shona as a PC or NPC in your own Lowlife 2090 games here is a pdf character sheet for her.  Feel free to download.


Adventure On!










Lowlife 2090 - Creating a new character. Shona. Lowlife 2090 - Creating a new character.  Shona. Reviewed by Wild Duck Models on September 25, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.