2022 Character Creation Challenge Day 4 - Sixpence Berrycloth, Rats in the Wall RPG



 Going back to last year when I first had the crazy idea to type up my solo RPG sessions in a series of blog posts, I wrote a brief piece about two horror investigators, Tom Singer and Sixpence Berrycloth.  At that time I had no rules just a desire to run a horror style game, something a little Hammer Horror, maybe a bit Cthulhu, I wanted to see if I could make a game work with no formal rules, just consulting the oracle to see how the characters got on.

And it went fine until that point when, needing the characters to break down a locked door, I realised that there was a big difference in strength between Barry the burley bricklayer from Birmingham and Debbie the demure debutant from Dudley, and I really did need some rules for character generation.  The game was

abandoned.

Then over this Christmas period I was looking at some old write ups of unfinished games and got really interested in the Tom and Sixpence adventure and a desire to rekindle my friendship with the pair, I just needed a set of rules.

Call of Cthulhu seemed the obvious way to go, there is the free set of the rules but I thought them a little to limited for what I wanted and I am reluctant to part withmoney for the printed version at the moment in case my interest wanes, (even though the starter set looks amazing value for money), so I rummaged around DrivethruRPG.com and eventually found a little game 'Rats in the Wall', with a free version of the full rules available,  I downloaded them.

The rules are simple enough for me with only 54 pages and character creation is straight forward, so over the next two days I am going to create the two characters, tomorrow will be Tom Singer but today I will create Sixpence Berrycloth.

To create your character you start with 5 points to distribute across 5 attributes (min0, max +3), Hit Points start at 10 plus your Brawn attribute, Sanity Points 10 plus Willpower attribute.  Each character picks a profession and gets to pick some equipment, and that is about all you have to do so -

NAME : Sixpence Berrycloth    

BRAWN : 0
DEXTERITY : 2
VIOLENCE : 0
WITS 1
WILLPOWER : 2

HIT POINTS : 10
SANITY POINTS : 12

EQUIPMENT : Medical Bag, Compass

Sixpence is a well travelled Doctor (can restore 1d6 Hit Points in 5 minutes to an injured person and being well travelled she never gets lost above ground)

LANGUAGES : English & Latin.

The year is 1936, Sixpence having travelled the Empire as a Doctor, has just returned to the UK with her fiancé Tom Singer. They are about to marry and set up home in Rural North Yorkshire where Sixpence has got herself a doctors practice.  

The couple have bought themselves a little Austin 7 Tourer and are now driving to their new home.

2022 Character Creation Challenge Day 4 - Sixpence Berrycloth, Rats in the Wall RPG 2022 Character Creation Challenge Day 4 - Sixpence Berrycloth, Rats in the Wall RPG Reviewed by Wild Duck Models on January 04, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.