A few changes to the Blog for 2022

 Chainmail & Sword started out life in 2020 as a blog about a fantasy miniatures campaign I wanted to run, if you look at the early posts they are of figures I painted up either for the planned campaign or some other fantasy miniature idea I had in my head.  Then things went quiet on that front and the blog pretty much went the way of many blogs, my miniature games stalled, I had nothing to blog about and so the blog just faded into nothingness.

Then 2021 and I started playing RPG's solo,

I thought it would be fun to keep track of my games on a blog.  I did at first create a new blog for the purpose of typing up my solo games but I felt it a shame that having put a bit of effort into chainmail & sword I was just going to let it finish, so at that point I ported all the posts from the new blog to the old blog and chainmail & sword got a new lease of life.

Now its 2022 and Chainmail & Sword is not the blog it was when I started it in 2020, the miniature side of it has disappeared, the blog has evolved into a site purely for my RPG ramblings, solo sessions, characters, notes on campaign settings and adventures, there is no space for my miniatures on there anymore. 

And that's a shame because I am painting minis, lots of them, historical as well as fantasy, and many of those would benefit for a photo shoot and a write up, it a case though that WW2 tanks or Napoleonic Hussars just don't fit on Chainmail & Sword.  So I have split the site, Chainmail and Sword will now become my solo RPG blog and I will develop a second blog to talk about the miniature painting and gaming side of things.  

Chainmail & Sword will look a little different, a new image at the top of the page taken from Through Sunken Lands RPG which I think reflects both the fact I play a lot of  Flatland Games games and it also has a bit of a sci-fi or post apocalypse vibe to which reflects better the mix of genres I will be playing.  The menu at the top of the page will also change, I want you to be able to click on a menu for either a specific RPG or a specific adventure, this will probably be in the form of  drop down menu, e.g. there will be a button for 'Beyond the Wall', click on that and you will get a drop down with options for posts about the Barley campaign or adventures set in the Bay of Sprits  etc.

The news page is gone, that has not been updated for months anyway, so it seemed no longer relevant, I will keep the contact us page so you can still drop us a line if you like, we always reply no matter what the subject.

Another thing I realised was that I am not just playing Fantasy RPG's, I do like Traveller and Flashing Blades, I fancy a go at some horror rpgs, Rats in the Wall and Call of Cthulhu, so over time I may phase out the Chainmail & Sword title and just call it The Lone Gamer's Solo RPG Blog or something like that. 

Once I get the miniatures site up and running I will put links to it and from it.

And that's it, thats all the changes I can think of at the moment, there may be more and the changes will happen over the next few days.

Adventure on,

The Lone Gamer.

A few changes to the Blog for 2022 A few changes to the Blog for 2022 Reviewed by Wild Duck Models on January 11, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.