Friday 8 July 2022

Low Fantasy Gaming Solo - Temptress of the Haunted Path (part 1)


Back in January I had a crack at the Character Creation Challenge,  for those who may not know, the challenge is to create a character every day throughout January, somehow I did it and all bar one are here on the blog.

I created 6 characters using Low Fantasy Gaming and as my Beyond the Wall and other Adventures campaign has reach a point where I need to plan what is likely to happen next, it seems like a good time to pause that game and try LFG using 3 or 4 of the characters I made back in Jan.

As I recently picked up the PDF of Oldskull Adventure Generator by Kent David Kelly, I thought it would be fun to use that to create the actual adventure, I hope it will create something I can play in maybe two or three evenings and have a bit of fun running a solo game with LFG before I get back to my main campaign with BtheW.

So lets get the adventure rolled up first, starting with the -

(Created using Oldskull Adventure Generator by Kent David Kelly)

 Adventure Name: 

roll d1000 on Adventure Title Table 1 =848 Temptress
roll d1000 on Adventure Title Table 2 =562 Of The Haunted Pass

So the adventure name is Temptress of the Haunted Pass, that sounds good, already we have a female NPC who is out to lead my adventures into danger, a strong start.

Set the Scene:

roll d1000 on Adventure Impetus/Framing Event table = 443 Execution of an innocent person

We now know the 'framing event', the reason this adventure starts, we don't know anything about the innocent person yet, nor do we know if they have already been executed, are about to be executed or if its just a ruse by the Temptress to get the adventurers to the haunted pass.

Patron/Benefactor Description:

roll d1000 on Benefactor Descriptor table = 289 Droll

roll d1000 od Benefactor Archetype table = 684 Mystic (always a priest)

Patron Class:

So the person who sends the party on this quest or mission is a priest or maybe a priestess, I'll keep it all a little vague for now.  There is no Priest class in LFG but JD RPG Productions offers a Mystic Class so should I need to roll up stats for this patron, that is the class I will use.

Patron Level and Title:

roll on the Recommended NPC Experience Level table = 96 Level 14

LFG NPC's (and Characters), only go up to Level 12, so I roll again, this time I roll 91, Level 12 NPC, (the dice are determined to make this mystic a high level NPC) with the title Sacred Prophet or Prophetess.

Benefactor Rewards:

roll 1d4+1 to see how many times I need to roll on the Promised Rewards Table = 2+1 so 3 times.

roll 1 = 661, political favour, Letter of Marque.
roll 2 = 402, loyal follower, Assassin Henchman
roll 3 = 027, beneficial spell casting, Magical Identification of all Magical Items

I decided to roll a 4th time

roll 4 = 949,  treasure, Tamed Guardian Beast(s)

Time to pause.

so already we have our title, Temptress of the Haunted Pass", the impetus, Execution of an Innocent Person and our Patron a 12th level Mystic.

The rewards we have  a letter of Marque, useful maybe for a Bard so that will be the first character, we have an Assassin Henchman, useful for a Rogue, our second character, we have Magical Identification of all Magic Items, useful for a Magic User, finally, a Tamed Guardian Beast or Beasts, useful for a Ranger.

From the above my characters choose themselves from the characters created back in January, we will be using -


Canaid the Bard (click here for stats


Pedler Glatz the Rogue (click here for stats)


Nydia Fernwise the Magic User (click here for stats)


Wren the Ranger (click here for stats)

In my next post I will get down to Envisaging the Adventure and hopefully making a strong start to the game, until then

Adventure On!

No comments:

Post a Comment